Sunday, October 21, 2007

Southern Moonpies

While browsing through my welcome guide to the south that every Yankee is issued as soon as we change our license over, I came to the chapter about Moonpies. Apparently along with Bojangles and hushpuppies these are considered a southern delicacy. Somehow, I must have missed the paragraph on how these must be combined with RC cola to break down the wax consistency so you can actually swallow the thing.


So here are my flavor reviews:
Chocolate - almost edible, like chewing chocolate wax lips
Vanilla - Ditto
Banana - not good, no visible banana flavor, maybe RC cola will
release the flavor. I am not chancing a second try tho.
Strawberry (as pictured) - completely unedible, closest definable flavor is Lady Stetson perfume. Luckily did not reach my rear taste buds as I was able to eject from my mouth before that. Wax build up on teeth kept perfume smell present.


Summary - All Yankees need to steer clear of these, we are not programmed to enjoy these things.

No comments: